Learn more than you ever have before
- Clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum
- Act as Scrum Masters for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership
- Effectively start using Scrum
- Increase the effectiveness of Scrum underway
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum Framework
- The Definition of Done
- Running a Scrum project
- Working with people and teams
- Scrum in your organization
- The role of the Scrum Master
This course is for you if…
The Professional Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in software development using the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members. We also suggest that you read through the PSM Subject Areas.
Before coming to the course
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have passed the Scrum Open assessment
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through having taken part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum
- Have read one of the Scrum books of Ken Schwaber or the book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” by Gunther Verheyen
Assessment and certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment, and are also entitled to a discount on the PSM II assessment. The industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score.
PMI PDU Credits
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.
Students work in teams. They learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises.
Why Martin Hinshelwood & naked Agility
Martin Hinshelwood is a Professional Scrum Trainer who provides training and consulting on both DevOps and Agility for organisations all over the world.
Martin has been certified by Scrum.org who provide the highest quality Scrum training in the world. Our training material is created and maintained by Scrum co-creator Ken Schwaber, and the community of Professional Scrum Trainers worldwide. This is the most up-to-date material with the software industry, its trends, and the latest software practices.
Martin Hinshelwood brings his own style and stories, born from his experience consulting from Seattle to Charlotte, Glasgow to Oslo, and Pune to Beijing. He comes highly recommended by previous students around the world.