Our courses are traditionally interactive 2-day learning experiences within a classroom setting, emphasizing valuable, hands-on outcomes. Immersion Training offers a refreshing alternative, breaking the class into shorter sessions across several weeks. This format not only extends learning into real-world business applications but also incorporates reflective sessions for continuous improvement, making it a highly effective and practical approach.
Key Features of Immersion Training Classes:
- Incremental Classroom Learning: In Immersion Training, classes are concise, live sessions spanning several weeks. Each session introduces and practices a new concept, allowing students to digest the material at a comfortable pace and ensuring a deep understanding before moving forward. Sessions are capped at 4 hours to keep learners engaged and to foster an effective learning environment.
- Outcome-Based Assignments: These assignments, tied to each classroom session, are designed to directly apply the concepts learned. They focus on outcomes rather than outputs, catering to a variety of backgrounds and skill levels. The emphasis is on innovation and boundary-pushing, not just completion, making the assignments relevant for both new and seasoned learners.
- Facilitated Reflections: After the initial session, each class starts with a reflection period. Here, students and their Professional Scrum Trainer discuss the assignments, sharing challenges and successes. These sessions are vital for learning, encouraging peer interaction and actionable feedback, and fostering collective growth and understanding.
Benefits of Immersion Training Classes:
- Practical application of learning in real work environments.
- Immediate positive impact in work settings.
- Enhanced engagement and motivation through real-world application.
- Safe practice in classrooms before implementation at work.
- Diverse collaboration opportunities enriching the learning experience.
- Reflective sessions for deeper insights and continuous improvement.
What to Expect in an Immersion Training Class:
- Interactive sessions led by a professional trainer with field experiance.
- Real-world assignments for practical application.
- Collaborative inspection and adaptation with peers and trainers.
- Opportunity to attempt a Professional Scrum assessment.
Ideal Candidates for Immersion Training:
This format is best for those who can apply learnings in real time with a team on an actual product. Participants without this opportunity should either partner up or consider traditional classes. Immersion Training complements our existing courses, offering a diverse range of learning styles.
Immersion Training is ideal for learners who:
- Are proactive in their learning and participation over an extended period.
- Commit to applying and experimenting with their learning at work.
- Prefer integrating partial-day sessions into their schedule with focused assignments.
- Enjoy learning by doing and reflecting for continuous improvement.
Conversely, traditional Scrum.org classes suit those who:
- Engage fully over a short, intensive learning period.
- Prefer a comprehensive, condensed learning experience.
- Enjoy interactive peer and instructor discussions.
- Aim to build a broad foundational understanding for further independent learning.
Remember, the course content remains consistent, but the format and schedule may vary.