Learn To Maximize Value
Being a professional Product Owner encompasses more than writing requirements or managing a Product Backlog. Product Owners need to have a concrete understanding of all product management aspects, including but not limited to product ownership, that drives value from their products.
Professional Scrum Product OwnerTM (PSPO) is a 2-day course that focuses on all of these areas to teach students how to maximize the value of products and systems. PSPO is the cutting-edge course for Product Owners, Agile product managers and anyone responsible for a product’s success in the market. In this course, students will develop and solidify their knowledge of being a Product Owner through instruction and team-based exercises.
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Product Owner I certification exam (PSPO I).
Students learn how to maximize the value of products and systems through instruction and team-based exercises.
Topics Covered in this Workshop
- Agile Product Management
- Value-Driven Development
- Scrum Principles & Empiricism
- The Scrum Framework
- Product Backlog Management
- Release Management
Expected Outcomes After Attending the Workshop
- Have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum
- Know how the Product Owner fits into Scrum
- Successfully work with Scrum Teams and stakeholders
- Effectively increase business agility
You should attend this workshop if…
The Professional Scrum Product Owner course may be interesting to all involved in product development upon the Scrum framework, but has been specifically conceived for those responsible over products from a business and product management perspective and taking up the highly accountable role of Scrum Product Owner. Students should review the PSPO Subject Areas before the class.
Instructors for Professional Scrum Product Owner
Before the class you should:
How will this workshop run?
There will be specific requirements for both in-person and live virtual classes that will be shown on that type of workshop below.
How will this Live Virtual Classroom run?
All of our LVC training is facilitated with a mixture of Microsoft Teams and Mural in the specified timezone.
How to Connect to the Team: TBA
While you should have an invitation in your calendar you can connect to the “ on
Before the class you should:
- Install MS Teams
- For both Mac and Windows, it is recommended to install the app.
- If you are joining from your phone, then please use the app from your store.
- Microsoft Teams is totally OK with you joining from more than one device with the same login if that is how you get multiple screens. When you connect your second device make sure that you “join with audio off” so you don’t get feedback.
- Accept the Invitation – You will have been invited to our Microsoft Teams tenant on the email address provided and will have an email from “firstname.lastname@example.org” and you should click “Open Microsoft Teams”; This will accept the invitation. You MUST sign-in with the same email address that the invitation was sent to. If the email that you were invited on is a Microsoft 365 account then please use your corporate SSO to sign in. If your email is a Microsoft Account or a Google Account you will be prompted to sign-in using that system. The fallback sign-in method is a simple passcode sent to your email address.
- Additional Optional tools that help
Class Inclusive features:
- Live captions in English – Microsoft Teams provides live closed captions in English for those that are hard of hearing.
- Live Translation in any Language – You can request that we provide subtitles in any Language using Microsoft Translator Conversations.
After the class, you will be able to participate in the naked Agility with Martin Hinshelwood Community with others of an agile mindset.
Assessment and Certification
All participants completing the PSPO course receive one password to take the PSPO I assessment. PSPO class participants who attempt the PSPO I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
You are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSPO II assessment once passing the PSPO I. The industry-recognized PSPO certifications require a minimum passing score.
PMI PDU Credits
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) course. Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org. Find instructions here.
Schedule for this workshop
If you have more than 5 people to train it can be more cost-effective to have Martin come onsite and deliver a private course just for you. You can request a private course to be delivered onsite at your offices.
Professional Scrum Product Owner
Any where, Any Time
Delivery Mode: In-Person or Live Virtual
Visability: Private or Public
You can view our full list of training classes as well as our specialist Scrum & Agile Courses from Scrum.org as well as our DevOps & ALM Courses from Accentient. We have a number of public classes upcoming in the next few months on our Training Schedule that might be of interested.
Check out the Professional Scrum Product Owner page for more classes.