Professional Scrum Master™ (PSM) is a 2-day course that covers the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master in it. This course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement.
Learn Scrum from those that created and maintain it
What You Will Learn
Over the 2 days, students will see why PSM is the cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and for anyone coaching a software development team toward increased efficiency and effectiveness. The course includes advanced thinking for servant-leadership and behavioural shifts.
Throughout the course, students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace.
The PSM course is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students work on real-life cases with other classmates together as a team. This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based upon real-life cases.
Looking for the introduction to Scrum course? Take a look at the Professional Scrum Foundations Training.
If you have more than 5 people to train it can be more cost effective to have Martin come onsite and deliver a private course just for you. You can request a private course to be delivered onsite at your offices.
|September 4, 2017||Oslo, Norway||14900 NOK||Details|
|September 11, 2017||Edinburgh, Scotland||995 GBP||Details|
|November 6, 2017||Glasgow, Scotland||995 GBP||Details|
|December 4, 2017||Oslo, Norway||14900 NOK||Details|
Why Martin Hinshelwood & naked Agility
Martin Hinshelwood is a Professional Scrum Trainer who provides training and consulting on both DevOps and Agility for organisations all over the world.
Martin has been certified by Scrum.org who provide the highest quality Scrum training in the world. Our training material is created and maintained by Scrum co-creator Ken Schwaber, and the community of Professional Scrum Trainers worldwide. This is the most up-to-date material with the software industry, its trends, and the latest software practices.
Martin Hinshelwood brings his own style and stories, born from his experience consulting from Seattle to Charlotte, Glasgow to Oslo, and Pune to Beijing. He comes highly recommended by previous students around the world.
Learn more than you ever have before
- Clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum
- Act as Scrum Masters for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership
- Effectively start using Scrum
- Increase the effectiveness of Scrum underway
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum Framework
- The Definition of Done
- Running a Scrum project
- Working with people and teams
- Scrum in your organization
- The role of the Scrum Master
This course is for you if…
The Professional Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in software development using the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members. We also suggest that you read through the PSM Subject Areas.
Before coming to the course
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have passed the Scrum Open assessment
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through having taken part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum
- Have read one of the Scrum books of Ken Schwaber or the book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” by Gunther Verheyen
Students work in teams. They learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises.
Related Posts from Martin Hinshelwood
Check out our latest posts and see what we have been working on.