Azure DevOps Services provide a set of cloud-hosted tools that software teams can use as an end-to-end solution to plan, develop, test, and deliver value in the form of working software. Azure Test Plans enable a team to plan, track, and assess quality throughout the entire development effort. This one day course will demonstrate how an agile team can configure and use Azure Test Plans to effectively assure quality in web and desktop applications. To maximize learning, students will work in teams, in a common team project, on a common case study.
All of our classes can be delivered in-person, or as Live Virtual Classrooms anywhere in the world.
Our world changed at the beginning of 2020 and since we believe in empiricism, we need to inspect and adapt. So we are offering our public students:
In addition to the above, private classes booked by your company also benefit from:
Azure DevOps provides a set of cloud-hosted tools that software teams can use as an end-to-end solution to plan, develop, test, and deliver value in the form of working software.
This course is appropriate for all members of a software development team, especially those who are actively involved in defining, assuring, and increasing the overall quality of their software products. This course will also provide value for individuals outside the development team (managers, Scrum Masters, coaches, and other stakeholders) who want hands-on exposure to the capabilities of Azure Test Plans.
There will be specific requirements for both in-person and live virtual classes that will be shown on that type of workshop below.
If you have more than 5 people to train it can be more cost-effective to have Martin come onsite and deliver a private course just for you. You can request a private course to be delivered onsite at your offices.
Delivery Mode: In-Person or Live Virtual
Visability: Private or Public
You can view our full list of training classes as well as our specialist Scrum & Agile Courses from Scrum.org as well as our DevOps & ALM Courses from Accentient. We have a number of public classes upcoming in the next few months on our Training Schedule that might be of interested.
This course contains several modules, progressively explaining how to use Azure Test Plans to plan, track, and
manage the software product testing effort.
1. TEST CASE MANAGEMENT
– Defining and maintaining quality
– Acceptance criteria and acceptance testing
– Azure DevOps Services overview
– Azure Boards overview
– Configuring a team project for testing
– Planning and running tests during a sprint
– Charts, reports, and notifications
– Extending Azure Test Plans
2. TEST PLANNING
– Test case management
– Creating test plans and test suites
– Creating and using configurations
– Creating and managing test cases
– Using parameters and shared steps
– Importing and exporting test artifacts
3. RUNNING TESTS
– Azure Test Runner
– Testing a web application
– Testing multiple times with different data
– The Test & Feedback extension
– Capturing screenshots and video
– Reporting a bug during testing
– Viewing and charting a test run
– Exploratory testing overview
– Performing exploratory testing
– Creating a test case while exploring
– Using Azure Test Runner to test a desktop app
– Regression testing
This course was designed by Richard Hundhausen, a Microsoft Development Technologies MVP, Professional Scrum
Trainer, and an experienced software developer.
Check out the Assuring Quality Using Azure Test Plans page for more classes.
Learn Scrum theory, roles, events, and artifacts through individual and group activities along with trainer instruction.
Hands-on workshop teaching managers and other leaders how to best support, guide, and coach their teams.
Learn Scrum by doing Scrum as a Scrum Team Member delivering products in a series of Sprints coupled with trainer instruction.