The 90 Percenter
Less than 1 minute to read
Last Updated: Fri 2 Jun 2023 07:26
The 90 Percenter is frequently “almost done” with whatever they are working on. This may be a small task or a large one, but ultimately the 90 Percenter is a roadblock to the Team delivering to the Definition of Done and successfully an increment.
Examples of The 90 Percenter Behaviour:
- Electing not to commit to new work
- Working on fit and finish of a feature far beyond the Team’s current Definition of Done
- Convincing Team members that “everything will be fine” when failure to complete work is pointed out
- Frequent negotiations that attempt to lower the standard of Done for “just my feature”
- Other Team members become blocked in finishing their own work Ultimately, the Team fails to deliver a Product Backlog Item or a Sprint Goal.
References: Related papers and Articles
The Scrum Guide (Guide)The Scrum Guide contains the definition of Scrum.
Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams (Guide)The flow-based perspective of Kanban can enhance and complement the Scrum framework and its implementation.