It is important to assess the impact of different team behaviours on the outcomes of Sprints. The purpose of Sprint 3 is to investigate this and this activity on your part will help your team see how different dysfunctional team behaviours impact their effectiveness.
Your Scrum Master will not know what’s going on. Part of their role is to figure it out.
YOUR EYES ONLY SPRINT 3
– until the Sprint 3 Retrospective
– instructions to follow
This optional task should be performed during Sprint 3 and only be revealed during the Sprint 3 retrospective. Feel free to overact and have fun. If you are uncomfortable then don’t worry, this is optional! You are free to opt out.
Please do not reveal your secret mission until the Sprint 3 Retrospective.
Playing The 90 Percenter
The 90 Percenter is frequently “almost done” with whatever they are working on. This may be a small task or a large one, but ultimately the 90 Percenter is a roadblock to the Team delivering to the Definition of Done and successfully an increment.
Examples of The 90 Percenter Behaviour
- Electing not to commit to new work
- Working on fit and finish of a feature far beyond the Team’s current Definition of Done
- Convincing Team members that “everything will be fine” when failure to complete work is pointed out
- Frequent negotiations that attempt to lower the standard of Done for “just my feature”
Typical Effects of The 90 Percenters
- Other Team members become blocked in finishing their own work
Ultimately, the Team fails to deliver a Product Backlog Item or a Sprint Goal.
The Sprint 3 Retrospective
At the Sprint 3 Retrospective continue to play the role unless rumbled by your team members! Your mission is a success if you manage to escape detection!
After the Retro we will have a reveal!