Software engineering practices have changed drastically in the last few years. Agile practices, DevOps, Cloud Computing, Open Source and similar developments have proven their effectiveness. Microsoft’s platforms for software development and cloud computing have also embraced these concepts and are at the leading edge in their domain.
Contact: | | | | +44 7811 164 522
In this two-day workshop you will learn how to build software using the latest technologies and the worlds leading DevOps and ALM platform, Visual Studio Team Services. Using team based teaching techniques you will learn how to create a fully automated release pipeline in VSTS from code to release using Agile practices. Once released you will learn how to collect feedback and telemetry to feed back into your Product Backlog for Continuous Delivery.
We use a verity of technologies and practices during the course:
- Visual Studio Team Services for Backlog Management
- Agile Planning Tools
- Git & Pull Requests
- cross-platform RESTful web APIs with C# and ASP.NET
- Visual Studio C# IDE (e.g. PerfTips, live code analysis, CodeLense, diagnostic tools, etc.),
- Cross-platform build- and test-automation tools available in Visual Studio Team Services
- Scalable deployment on Microsoft Azure with Azure Resource Manager (ARM)
- Creating a multi-stage release pipeline in Azure App Services with Visual Studio Release Management
- Monitoring and Telemetry with Application Insights to diagnose production issues
- Collecting Feedback from users and customers
If you have more than 5 people to train it can be more cost effective to have Martin come onsite and deliver a private course just for you. You can request a private course to be delivered onsite at your offices.
Schedule of DevOps with VSTS & Azure classes
You can view our full list of training classes as well as our specialist Scrum & Agile Courses from Scrum.org as well as our DevOps & ALM Courses from ALM-Training.com and Accentient.
We have a number of public classes upcomming in the next few months on our Training Schedule that might be of intereste
Before coming to the course
- Good Understanding of Scrum
- Familiar with Visual Studio
Assessment and certification
Why Martin Hinshelwood & naked Agility
Martin Hinshelwood is the Founder/CEO of naked Agility Limited and has been their Principal Consultant and Trainer on DevOps & Agility for four years. Martin is a Professional Scrum Trainer, Microsoft MVP: Visual Studio and Development Technologies, and has been Consulting, Coaching, and Training in DevOps & Agility with Visual Studio, Azure, Team Services, and Scrum since 2010 and has been delivering software since 2000.
Check out the DevOps with VSTS & Azure page for more classes.