This instructor-led class is intended to answer three questions commonly asked by executives, managers, and other decision-makers: What is Scrum? Why should I care? and What will be expected of me to properly adopt Scrum? Through presentation and discussion, attendees will learn the answers to these questions. By forming into teams and collaborating on activities, attendees will further experience these truths.
All of our classes can be delivered in-person, or as Live Virtual Classrooms anywhere in the world.
Why naked Agility with Martin Hinshelwood?
We believe in empiricism, and so we need to inspect and adapt, which is dificult to do within a 16h class. So we offer:
- Additional 30-minute session with the trainer for every student – all live virtual classes, public and private, come with an additional 30-minute session with the trainer for students that take the assessment within 14 days of the class to help them with their future learning path.
- Additional trainning sessions for private classes – In addition to the public offering, Private classes will get additional consulting, coaching, and training sessions to be used within 6 months of the class that totals 25% of the training time. For a 16h class that would be 4 hours of additional sessions on any topic folks want. See
Class Inclusivity Features for those that are differently able
We know that more can always be done to help those with disabilities and we are exploring many technological techniques for helping those with dificulties by using:
- Online Training – Train from the comfort of your own home.
- Live captions in English – Microsoft Teams provides live closed captions in English for those that are hard of hearing
- Live Translation in any Language (preview/experimentation) – You can request that we provide subtitles in any Language using Microsoft Translator Conversations.
Class Inclusivity Features for those in different economic context
Since our goal is to bring Scrum, Kanban, and their good practices to the world we need to accept that some markets just dont have the same buying power as Europe or the USA. To try and offset that reality we offer multiple ticket types that try to offset that inherant diference:
- Primary Market Ticket – 100% market rate – This ticket is for residents of countries that we consider to be in our primary market; Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Saudi Arabia
- Secondary Market Ticket – 50% Primary – Tickets for all countries not listed as primary. You will be asked for evidence of residence after processing.
- Special Market Ticket – 25% Primary – These tickets are available through our local agents in Ghana, Nigeria, and other countries where purchase power has been assesed to require extra offset.
What is Scrum? Why should I care? and What will be expected of me to properly adopt Scrum? Through presentation and discussion, attendees will learn the answers to these questions.
Topics Covered in this Workshop
- Why Scrum?
- Scrum: An Executive Summary
- Top 10 Things You Should Know About Scrum
- Agile Metrics in the Enterprise
- Scrum Case Studies
- Myths and Misconceptions
- The Scrum Principles
- Where Scrum Fits and Where It Doesn’t
You should attend this workshop if…
This course is intended for executives, managers, and other leaders who want to learn more about Scrum, why it works, and a high-level approach to get started on their path to agility. Typical attendees are those who have never heard of Scrum but want their organization to become agile or those who may be evaluating Scrum, to see if it’s right for their organization. Other attendees may be from organizations that are already on their way to adopting Scrum. Regardless of your current capabilities, this course is flexible enough to give you the knowledge that you require.
Instructors for Scrum for Executives
Before the class you should:
How will this workshop run?
There will be specific requirements for both in-person and live virtual classes that will be shown on that type of workshop below.
Assessment and Certification
Schedule for this workshop
If you have more than 5 people to train it can be more cost-effective to have Martin come onsite and deliver a private course just for you. You can request a private course to be delivered onsite at your offices.
Scrum for Executives
Any where, Any Time
Delivery Mode: In-Person or Live Virtual
Visability: Private or Public
You can view our full list of training classes as well as our specialist Scrum & Agile Courses from Scrum.org as well as our DevOps & ALM Courses from Accentient. We have a number of public classes upcoming in the next few months on our Training Schedule that might be of interested.
The course includes several important topics for Executives. Each topic contains slides, discussions, and team-based activities.
1. Why Scrum
✓ Agile over waterfall
✓ Agility Index over scope, schedule, cost
✓ Economic advantages of Scrum
5. Scrum Case Studies
✓ The FBI Sentinel case study
✓ Additional case studies and reading
2. Scrum: An Executive Summary
✓ Scrum overview
✓ The Scrum framework
✓ Assessing whether you are currently doing Scrum
6. Myths and Misconceptions
✓ Requirements, documentation, analysis, and planning
✓ Managers, successful organizations, and culture
✓ Roles, PMO, and self-managing teams
3. Top 10 Things You Should Know About Scrum
✓ Agile’s success over other ineffective models
✓ Scrum’s answer to risks, meetings, and urgencies
✓ Continuous learning strategies
7. The Scrum Principles
✓ Principles and complementary practices
✓ Teams vs. groups
✓ Rules vs. strategies
4. Agile Metrics for the Enterprise
✓ Direct evidence over indirect/subjective evidence
✓ Organizational metrics and foundational metrics
✓ Value, time to market, and ability to innovate
8. Where Scrum Fits and Where It Doesn’t
✓ Simple, complicated, complex, and chaotic work
✓ Scrum for non-complex and unplannable work
✓ Scrum for support and maintenance teams
This course was designed by Richard Hundhausen (Accentient) and Charles Bradley (ScrumCrazy). Richard and
Charles are both management consultants with experience educating fortune 500 executives and managers. Richard and Charles are also Scrum.org Professional Scrum Trainers, coaches, and software developers.
This course consistently receives rave reviews from managers and executives. See for yourself!
Check out the Scrum for Executives page for more classes.