In the Scaled Professional Scrum™ (SPS) with Nexus Workshop, you will simulate a large software development project using the Nexus Framework. Through this hands-on case study, you will learn over 50 practices to reduce complexity and dependencies at scale. You will leave with the knowledge and tools necessary to scale Scrum to deliver an Integrated Increment every Sprint.
All of our classes can be delivered in-person, or as Live Virtual Classrooms anywhere in the world.
Why naked Agility with Martin Hinshelwood?
Our world changed at the beginning of 2020 and since we believe in empiricism, we need to inspect and adapt. So we are offering our public students:
- 30 minute Assessment Review
- Online Training
- Live closed-captions in English
- Tickets priced based on local purchase-power
- Advocates gain up to £200 for each referal towards future classes
- Pay-later for unemployed
In addition to the above, private classes booked by your company also benefit from:
- 25% extra training/consulting/presentations.
Designed for anyone involved in building products across multiple teams to learn how they can scale product delivery with Scrum.
Topics Covered in this Workshop
- Scaled Scrum is still Scrum
- Introduction to the Nexus Framework
- New role, artifacts and events
- Organizing teams & work
- Managing the Nexus & Nexus+
- Dealing with common challenges
- Practices to help teams efficiently build an integrated software product
Expected Outcomes After Attending the Workshop
- Learn how to Scale Scrum using the Nexus framework
- Learn how to overcome challenges in large-scale development initiatives
- Keep development initiatives on track
- Experience organizing several teams working on the same product
- Optimize team productivity
- Understand how to identify, minimize and remove dependencies
You should attend this workshop if…
SPS is targeted at development leads and managers and anyone else involved in formulating, participating or managing scaled Scrum product development. Organizations are encouraged to send a team of people that will be (or already are) running large Scrum initiatives.
It is especially oriented to those who:
- Already are effectively running small Scrum projects
- Want to apply multiple Scrum teams to develop a large system or product
- Managing scaled projects
- Struggling with scaled projects
Instructors for Scaled Professional Scrum with Nexus
Before the class you should:
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Nexus Guide (required).
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working with a Scrum Team or through taking a Professional Scrum Master class or similar course.
- Have an understanding of development techniques, tools, and practices needed to sustain large scale development.
- Passed the Nexus Open assessment.
How will this workshop run?
There will be specific requirements for both in-person and live virtual classes that will be shown on that type of workshop below.
Assessment and Certification
All participants who complete the Scaled Professional Scrum workshop receive a password to attempt the Scaled Professional Scrum assessment (SPS).
The industry-recognized SPS certification requires a minimum passing score on this rigorous assessment. Scrum.org maintains a public list all SPS certificate holders.
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO), or Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) course and 21 PDUs after attending a three-day Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) course. Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.
Schedule for this workshop
If you have more than 5 people to train it can be more cost-effective to have Martin come onsite and deliver a private course just for you. You can request a private course to be delivered onsite at your offices.
Scaled Professional Scrum with Nexus
Any where, Any Time
Delivery Mode: In-Person or Live Virtual
Visability: Private or Public
You can view our full list of training classes as well as our specialist Scrum & Agile Courses from Scrum.org as well as our DevOps & ALM Courses from Accentient. We have a number of public classes upcoming in the next few months on our Training Schedule that might be of interested.
Check out the Scaled Professional Scrum with Nexus page for more classes.
Learn Scrum theory, roles, events, and artifacts through individual and group activities along with trainer instruction.
Students learn how to maximize the value of products and systems through instruction and team-based exercises.
Hands-on workshop teaching managers and other leaders how to best support, guide, and coach their teams.