Bridging the Gap Between Scrum, UX and Design Practices
Professional Scrum with User ExperienceTM (PSU) is a 2-day hands-on course where students who already have a fundamental understanding of Scrum and some experience using it will learn how to integrate modern UX practices, (UX is more than UI) into the way they are working in Scrum and how to work most effectively within Scrum Teams. Design work can sometimes feel slow, and not well suited to quick agile cadences and Scrum events, but that isn’t the case. Learn UX techniques that fit beautifully into Scrum, and practice these techniques with cross-functional teams in class. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum with User Experience I certification assessment (PSU I)**.
What You Will Learn
Over the 2 days, students will learn UX techniques that work most effectively with Scrum Teams. In addition, you will learn practical tools and practices to best work with customers and their feedback to deliver higher value in the customer’s eyes with Scrum Teams without changing Scrum.
Students will leave the class understanding how to reconcile UX work with Scrum essentials like the Definition of “Done”, Backlog prioritization and delivering “Done” Increments every Sprint. You will learn how to handle design work that may extend beyond a single Sprint, continuing to deliver value each and every Sprint using Scrum.
Professional Scrum with User Experience is an excellent training for everyone who works on a product team (engineers, product managers, etc): technology teams work better when they’re collaborating across disciplines and specialties. But different priorities, types of work, and the specific working rhythms of each discipline can create silos on teams and inside organizations. Learn how to use the Scrum framework and UX techniques to align your team, focus on value, and foster collaboration.
View the different Focus Areas covered within this class and others.
Created in Partnership with the Authors of Lean UX
All of our classes can be delivered in-person, or as Live Virtual Classrooms anywhere in the world.
Why naked Agility with Martin Hinshelwood?
Our world changed at the beginning of 2020 and since we believe in empiricism, we need to inspect and adapt. So we are offering our public students:
- 30 minute Assessment Review
- Online Training
- Live closed-captions in English
- Tickets priced based on local purchase-power
- Advocates gain up to £200 for each referal towards future classes
- Pay-later for unemployed
In addition to the above, private classes booked by your company also benefit from:
- 25% extra training/consulting/presentations.
Learn modern UX techniques and practices that effectively enable Scrum Teams to best work with customers and their feedback to deliver higher value.
Topics Covered in this Workshop
- Understand how Scrum with UX enhance continuous learning
- Framing work as problems to solve
- Outcomes over outputs
- Managing UX work in Scrum
- Focus on users
Expected Outcomes After Attending the Workshop
Students will leave the class understanding:
- How a cross-functional Scrum Team can include UX specialists
- How to account for, manage, prioritize and include UX work in the Backlog
- How to balance discovery and delivery within a Scrum Team
- How Scrum Teams create customer feedback loops within a Sprint
- How to ensure customer insight is included in Scrum events and decision-making
- What the Definition of “Done” is in a world of continuous learning
- How UX can inform better development decisions
You should attend this workshop if…
- Scrum Masters and Product Owners who will learn how to integrate the UX specialty with what they already know about the power of self-organizing cross-functional teams . This will enable them to help Development Teams to learn about the customer, plan learning/discovery/design work, and still deliver “Done” product each Sprint.
- People who know UX will learn how to work more effectively inside Scrum, managing work in Sprints and visualizing it in the Product Backlog. Sometimes, working in agile contexts. Learn how to lead cross-functional teams in discovery work and align the work of the team around learning and delivering value to users.
- Anyone involved in the delivering the product (engineers, product managers, etc) as technology teams work better when they’re collaborating across disciplines and specialties. But different priorities, types of work, and the specific working rhythms of each discipline can create silos on teams and inside organizations. Learn how to use the Scrum framework and UX techniques to align your team, focus on value, and foster collaboration.
Instructors for Professional Scrum with User Experience
Before the class you should:
How will this workshop run?
There will be specific requirements for both in-person and live virtual classes that will be shown on that type of workshop below.
Assessment and Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with User Experience course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum with User Experience I (PSU I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSU I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSU class participants who attempt the PSU I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.**
PMI PDU Credits
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum with User Experience (PSU) course. Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.
Schedule for this workshop
If you have more than 5 people to train it can be more cost-effective to have Martin come onsite and deliver a private course just for you. You can request a private course to be delivered onsite at your offices.
Professional Scrum with User Experience
Any where, Any Time
Delivery Mode: In-Person or Live Virtual
Visability: Private or Public
You can view our full list of training classes as well as our specialist Scrum & Agile Courses from Scrum.org as well as our DevOps & ALM Courses from Accentient. We have a number of public classes upcoming in the next few months on our Training Schedule that might be of interested.
Check out the Professional Scrum with User Experience page for more classes.
Learn Scrum theory, roles, events, and artifacts through individual and group activities along with trainer instruction.
Students learn how to maximize the value of products and systems through instruction and team-based exercises.
Hands-on workshop teaching managers and other leaders how to best support, guide, and coach their teams.