Learn Scrum theory, roles, events, and artifacts through individual and group activities along with trainer instruction.
The Scrum Master as envisioned by Ken Schwaber and Scrum.org is a Lean-agile Practitioner that is a Teacher, Mentor, Coach, & Facilitator that guides the Scrum Team. They need to have Technical Mastery so that they can guide the Development Team, Business Mastery so that they can guide the Product Owner and deal with Impediments, and Organisational Transformation Mastery so that they can guide the Organisation to focus on Value delivery and enact change. The Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course is a 2-day course where students learn how to use Scrum to optimize value, productivity and the total cost of ownership of software products. Tools are provided to enable students to relate to behavioural shifts, work with people and teams, coach and facilitate techniques, and address the organization.
Learn Scrum from those that created and maintain it
This is a Professional Scrum Masterclass that is ideal for anyone that wants to augment their journey to becoming a lean-agile practitioner and a better Scrum Master for their team and their Organisation. Make sure that you have read the Scrum Guide and at least one of the Agile books before attending.
What You Will Learn
Over the 2 days, students will see why PSM is the cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and for anyone coaching a software development team toward increased efficiency and effectiveness. The course includes advanced thinking for servant-leadership and behavioural shifts.
Throughout the course, students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace.
The PSM course is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students work on real-life cases with other classmates together as a team. This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based upon real-life cases.
Looking for the introduction to Scrum course? Take a look at the Certified Professional Scrum Foundations Training.
If you have more than 5 people to train it can be more cost effective to have Martin come onsite and deliver a private course just for you. You can request a private course to be delivered onsite at your offices.
Schedule of Professional Scrum Master classes
We have a number of public classes upcomming in the next few months on our Training Schedule that might be of intereste
Learn more than you ever have before
- Clear understanding that the Scrum Master is a Lean-agile Practitioner that is there to guide the Scrum Team and the Organisation to a better degree of agility.
- Act as Scrum Masters for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership
- Effectively start using Scrum
- Increase the effectiveness of Scrum underway
- Scrum theory & first principles – Gain understanding of complexity in software environments; How empiricism controls risk, and provides predictability in complex environments; What is agility and what is Scrum’s place within the Agile discussion?
- The Scrum Framework – See that each part of Scrum ties back to the principles and theory, while exposing waste; Focus on the accountability of the rolls, the transparency of the artefacts, and the feedback loops of the Events.
- Done & Undone – It is fundamentally imposible to get transparency without Done
- Product Delivery with Scrum – Understand how to organize Product Backlog; Practical tips to deal with estimates and value on a Product Backlog; Be confronted with ingrained, old habits like calculating, promising certainty, & predicting the future
- People & Teams – To understand how Scrum Teams are formed and become effective and the productivity and creativity that can be gained through self-organization.
- The Scrum Master – Skills and traits of a Scrum Master; The challenges for a Scrum Master in helping teams and the organization in using Scrum to become Agile; The behavioural shift in being a Scrum Master.
This course is for you if…
The Professional Scrum Master course is for anyone involved in software development using the Scrum framework. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members. We also suggest that you read through the PSM Subject Areas. If you are new to Scrum and are interested in getting started then the Certified Professional Scrum Foundations Training is more relevant.
This class is perfect if you are studying for the Professional Scrum Master II assessment.
Before coming to the course
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have passed the Scrum Open assessment
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through having taken part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum
- Have read one of the Scrum books of Ken Schwaber or the book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” by Gunther Verheyen
Assessment and certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment, and are also entitled to a discount on the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) assessment. The industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score.
PMI PDU Credits
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.
Students work in teams. They learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises.
Instructors for Professional Scrum Master
Advanced Professional Scrum Master (PSM-A) course is a 2-day advanced Scrum Master class designed to support Scrum Masters in their professional development. The PSM-A course is intended for Scrum Masters with at least one year of experience who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities as a Scrum Master. This course is one step in that journey. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) certification exam.