Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF) is THE training for teams and anyone wanting to experience the Scrum way of working. The course also provides the foundation of knowledge needed for role-focused training for Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Developers, as offered in Scrum.org’s Professional Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Product Owner and Professional Scrum Development classes.
The class introduces the mechanics of Scrum, as well as provides insights into complexity, team-based collaboration and self-organization as essential elements in mastering Scrum. Students will experience how the Scrum framework improves product development efforts.
From its emphasis on practical application the course exposes common missteps, increases the awareness of the associated symptoms, and provides prescriptive guidance to avoid going off track.
Scrum.org selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver this course.
Scrum.org maintains the defined curriculum and materials to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide.
All of our classes can be delivered in-person, or as Live Virtual Classrooms anywhere in the world.
Why naked Agility with Martin Hinshelwood?
We believe in empiricism, and so we need to inspect and adapt, which is dificult to do within a 16h class. So we offer:
- Additional 30-minute session with the trainer for every student – all live virtual classes, public and private, come with an additional 30-minute session with the trainer for students that take the assessment within 14 days of the class to help them with their future learning path.
- Additional trainning sessions for private classes – In addition to the public offering, Private classes will get additional consulting, coaching, and training sessions to be used within 6 months of the class that totals 25% of the training time. For a 16h class that would be 4 hours of additional sessions on any topic folks want. See
Class Inclusivity Features for those that are differently able
We know that more can always be done to help those with disabilities and we are exploring many technological techniques for helping those with dificulties by using:
- Online Training – Train from the comfort of your own home.
- Live captions in English – Microsoft Teams provides live closed captions in English for those that are hard of hearing
- Live Translation in any Language (preview/experimentation) – You can request that we provide subtitles in any Language using Microsoft Translator Conversations.
Class Inclusivity Features for those in different economic context
Since our goal is to bring Scrum, Kanban, and their good practices to the world we need to accept that some markets just dont have the same buying power as Europe or the USA. To try and offset that reality we offer multiple ticket types that try to offset that inherant diference:
- Primary Market Ticket – 100% market rate – This ticket is for residents of countries that we consider to be in our primary market; Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Saudi Arabia
- Secondary Market Ticket – 50% Primary – Tickets for all countries not listed as primary. You will be asked for evidence of residence after processing.
- Special Market Ticket – 25% Primary – These tickets are available through our local agents in Ghana, Nigeria, and other countries where purchase power has been assesed to require extra offset.
Learn Scrum by doing Scrum as a Scrum Team Member delivering products in a series of Sprints coupled with trainer instruction.
Topics Covered in this Workshop
- Fundaments to Scrum
- The Scrum Framework (part 1 and part 2)
- Mastering Scrum
- Planning with Scrum
- Getting started
- Keeping Scrum healthy
Expected Outcomes After Attending the Workshop
Students are challenged to act in terms of Scrum. They take home an increased understanding of how to collaborate better and work as a team.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and their coherence.
- Students will learn how to use visual information radiators.
- Students leave the class with a handful of tips to identify common pitfalls and dysfunctions.
- Students can take part of a Scrum Team and be more effective.
- Students can increase Scrum’s effectiveness if already underway.
You should attend this workshop if…
The training may be interesting to all involved in software development using the Scrum framework.
It is the perfect introduction, reboot or refresher to Scrum, or anyone looking for hands-on insights in how Scrum actually works as member of a Scrum Team, or as an existing Scrum Team.
Instructors for Professional Scrum Foundations
Before the class you should:
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
How will this workshop run?
Professional Scrum Foundations (PSF) is a 2-day course that teaches Scrum in a highly practical way. Students hit the ground running through instruction and team-based exercises. Working in a series of Sprints, teams of students build a software application, thereby facing real-life problems. The mechanics, roles, principles and (empirical) process of Scrum are demonstrated. Common missteps and misunderstandings are discussed so students grow a higher awareness of their symptoms.
There will be specific requirements for both in-person and live virtual classes that will be shown on that type of workshop below.
Assessment and Certification
The Professional Scrum Foundations course has the Professional Scrum Master level I (PSM I) as associated credential. All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course receive a password to take the PSM I assessment.
This industry-recognized certification requires a minimum passing score on the associated rigorous assessment. Scrum.org maintains a public list with everyone holding a PSM I credential.
Microsoft® uses the PSM I assessment to validate knowledge as part of its Silver and Gold Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) competencies.
Schedule for this workshop
If you have more than 5 people to train it can be more cost-effective to have Martin come onsite and deliver a private course just for you. You can request a private course to be delivered onsite at your offices.
Professional Scrum Foundations
Any where, Any Time
Delivery Mode: In-Person or Live Virtual
Visability: Private or Public
You can view our full list of training classes as well as our specialist Scrum & Agile Courses from Scrum.org as well as our DevOps & ALM Courses from Accentient. We have a number of public classes upcoming in the next few months on our Training Schedule that might be of interested.
There is no additional information
Check out the Professional Scrum Foundations page for more classes.