In this two-day workshop you will learn how to build software using the latest technologies and the worlds leading DevOps and ALM platform, Visual Studio Team Services. Using team based teaching techniques you will learn how to create a fully automated release pipeline in VSTS from code to release using Agile practices. Once released you will learn how to collect feedback and telemetry to feed back into your Product Backlog for Continuous Delivery.
We use a verity of technologies and practices during the course:
- Visual Studio Team Services for Backlog Management
- Agile Planning Tools
- Git & Pull Requests
- cross-platform RESTful web APIs with C# and ASP.NET
- Visual Studio C# IDE (e.g. PerfTips, live code analysis, CodeLense, diagnostic tools, etc.),
- Cross-platform build- and test-automation tools available in Visual Studio Team Services
- Scalable deployment on Microsoft Azure with Azure Resource Manager (ARM)
- Creating a multi-stage release pipeline in Azure App Services with Visual Studio Release Management
- Monitoring and Telemetry with Application Insights to diagnose production issues
- Collecting Feedback from users and customers
All of our classes can be delivered in-person, or as Live Virtual Classrooms anywhere in the world.
Why naked Agility with Martin Hinshelwood?
Our world changed at the beginning of 2020 and since we believe in empiricism, we need to inspect and adapt. So we are offering our public students:
- 30 minute Assessment Review
- Online Training
- Live closed-captions in English
- Tickets priced based on local purchase-power
- Advocates gain up to £200 for each referal towards future classes
- Pay-later for unemployed
In addition to the above, private classes booked by your company also benefit from:
- 25% extra training/consulting/presentations.
Software engineering practices have changed drastically in the last few years. Agile practices, DevOps, Cloud Computing, Open Source and similar developments have proven their effectiveness. Microsoft’s platforms for software development and cloud computing have also embraced these concepts and are at the leading edge in their domain.
Instructors for DevOps with VSTS & Azure
Before the class you should:
- Good Understanding of Scrum
- Familiar with Visual Studio
How will this workshop run?
There will be specific requirements for both in-person and live virtual classes that will be shown on that type of workshop below.
Assessment and Certification
Schedule for this workshop
If you have more than 5 people to train it can be more cost-effective to have Martin come onsite and deliver a private course just for you. You can request a private course to be delivered onsite at your offices.
DevOps with VSTS & Azure
Any where, Any Time
Delivery Mode: In-Person or Live Virtual
Visability: Private or Public
You can view our full list of training classes as well as our specialist Scrum & Agile Courses from Scrum.org as well as our DevOps & ALM Courses from Accentient. We have a number of public classes upcoming in the next few months on our Training Schedule that might be of interested.
Check out the DevOps with VSTS & Azure page for more classes.
Learn Scrum theory, roles, events, and artifacts through individual and group activities along with trainer instruction.
Students learn how to maximize the value of products and systems through instruction and team-based exercises.
Hands-on workshop teaching managers and other leaders how to best support, guide, and coach their teams.