In this two-day workshop you will learn how to build software using the latest technologies and the worlds leading DevOps and ALM platform, Visual Studio Team Services. Using team based teaching techniques you will learn how to create a fully automated release pipeline in VSTS from code to release using Agile practices. Once released you will learn how to collect feedback and telemetry to feed back into your Product Backlog for Continuous Delivery.
We use a verity of technologies and practices during the course:
- Visual Studio Team Services for Backlog Management
- Agile Planning Tools
- Git & Pull Requests
- cross-platform RESTful web APIs with C# and ASP.NET
- Visual Studio C# IDE (e.g. PerfTips, live code analysis, CodeLense, diagnostic tools, etc.),
- Cross-platform build- and test-automation tools available in Visual Studio Team Services
- Scalable deployment on Microsoft Azure with Azure Resource Manager (ARM)
- Creating a multi-stage release pipeline in Azure App Services with Visual Studio Release Management
- Monitoring and Telemetry with Application Insights to diagnose production issues
- Collecting Feedback from users and customers
Software engineering practices have changed drastically in the last few years. Agile practices, DevOps, Cloud Computing, Open Source and similar developments have proven their effectiveness. Microsoft’s platforms for software development and cloud computing have also embraced these concepts and are at the leading edge in their domain.
Topics Covered in this Workshop
Expected Outcomes After Attending the Workshop
You should attend this workshop if…
Instructors for DevOps with VSTS & Azure
Before the class you should:
- Good Understanding of Scrum
- Familiar with Visual Studio
How will this workshop run?
There will be specific requirements for both in-person and live virtual classes that will be shown on that type of workshop below.
How will this Live Virtual Classroom run?
All of our LVC training is facilitated with a mixture of Microsoft Teams and Mural in the specified timezone.
How to Connect to the Team: TBA
While you should have an invitation in your calendar you can connect to the “ on
Before the class you should:
- Install MS Teams
- For both Mac and Windows, it is recommended to install the app.
- If you are joining from your phone, then please use the app from your store.
- Microsoft Teams is totally OK with you joining from more than one device with the same login if that is how you get multiple screens. When you connect your second device make sure that you “join with audio off” so you don’t get feedback.
- Accept the Invitation – You will have been invited to our Microsoft Teams tenant on the email address provided and will have an email from “email@example.com” and you should click “Open Microsoft Teams”; This will accept the invitation. You MUST sign-in with the same email address that the invitation was sent to. If the email that you were invited on is a Microsoft 365 account then please use your corporate SSO to sign in. If your email is a Microsoft Account or a Google Account you will be prompted to sign-in using that system. The fallback sign-in method is a simple passcode sent to your email address.
- Additional Optional tools that help
Class Inclusive features:
- Live captions in English – Microsoft Teams provides live closed captions in English for those that are hard of hearing.
- Live Translation in any Language – You can request that we provide subtitles in any Language using Microsoft Translator Conversations.
After the class, you will be able to participate in the naked Agility with Martin Hinshelwood Community with others of an agile mindset.
Assessment and Certification
Schedule for this workshop
If you have more than 5 people to train it can be more cost-effective to have Martin come onsite and deliver a private course just for you. You can request a private course to be delivered onsite at your offices.
DevOps with VSTS & Azure
Any where, Any Time
Delivery Mode: In-Person or Live Virtual
Visability: Private or Public
You can view our full list of training classes as well as our specialist Scrum & Agile Courses from Scrum.org as well as our DevOps & ALM Courses from Accentient. We have a number of public classes upcoming in the next few months on our Training Schedule that might be of interested.
Check out the DevOps with VSTS & Azure page for more classes.