This workshop includes guided discussion focusing on agile requirements management and planning practices for agile teams, projects, and products. Covers medium and long term planning needs and results in a backlog for the steps needed to establish a solid requirements management practice within your organisation.
We start by diving into a piece of work that has already been delivered. Hindsight gives the team the ability to really break the desirement down into the things that they really did deliver.
We then move on to breaking down some of the more unknown pieces from your backlog. Along the way your team learns what it takes to break a backlog down into items that are independent, negotiable, valuable, estimable, small, and testable.
Topics Covered in this Workshop
Expected Outcomes After Attending the Workshop
You should attend this workshop if…
Instructors for Agile Requirements Workshop
Before the class you should:
How will this workshop run?
There will be specific requirements for both in-person and live virtual classes that will be shown on that type of workshop below.
How will this Live Virtual Classroom run?
All of our LVC training is facilitated with a mixture of Microsoft Teams and Mural in the specified timezone.
How to Connect to the Team: TBA
While you should have an invitation in your calendar you can connect to the “ on
Before the class you should:
- Install MS Teams
- For both Mac and Windows, it is recommended to install the app.
- If you are joining from your phone, then please use the app from your store.
- Microsoft Teams is totally OK with you joining from more than one device with the same login if that is how you get multiple screens. When you connect your second device make sure that you “join with audio off” so you don’t get feedback.
- Accept the Invitation – You will have been invited to our Microsoft Teams tenant on the email address provided and will have an email from “email@example.com” and you should click “Open Microsoft Teams”; This will accept the invitation. You MUST sign-in with the same email address that the invitation was sent to. If the email that you were invited on is a Microsoft 365 account then please use your corporate SSO to sign in. If your email is a Microsoft Account or a Google Account you will be prompted to sign-in using that system. The fallback sign-in method is a simple passcode sent to your email address.
- Additional Optional tools that help
Class Inclusive features:
- Live captions in English – Microsoft Teams provides live closed captions in English for those that are hard of hearing.
- Live Translation in any Language – You can request that we provide subtitles in any Language using Microsoft Translator Conversations.
After the class, you will be able to participate in the naked Agility with Martin Hinshelwood Community with others of an agile mindset.
Assessment and Certification
Schedule for this workshop
If you have more than 5 people to train it can be more cost-effective to have Martin come onsite and deliver a private course just for you. You can request a private course to be delivered onsite at your offices.
Agile Requirements Workshop
Any where, Any Time
Delivery Mode: In-Person or Live Virtual
Visability: Private or Public
You can view our full list of training classes as well as our specialist Scrum & Agile Courses from Scrum.org as well as our DevOps & ALM Courses from Accentient. We have a number of public classes upcoming in the next few months on our Training Schedule that might be of interested.
In this course we work against your backlog, and your backlog items.
Check out the Agile Requirements Workshop page for more classes.