After my success with Beta Exam 71-510: TS: Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server I now find myself thinking that I should get my developer exams sorted. I had never done them before as I would have had to pay for them myself. Which sucks…
The company I am now working for (the first to have more than 30 employees, and has more than 70,000) has kindly decided that I get a training budget. Now, though the budget is large, it would only cover one and a half of the exam courses per year and I can’t be bothered to take 4 years to do it, by which time they will be obsolete anyway, so I have decided to go for the self study approach.
- Exam 70–536: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 – Application Development Foundation
- Exam 70–526: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 – Windows-Based Client Development
- Exam 70–528: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 – Web-Based Client Development
- Exam 70–529: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 – Distributed Application Development
- Exam 70–549: PRO: Designing and Developing Enterprise Applications by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework
So I am starting at the bottom and working my way up. First is exam 70-536, the problem is that I have been doing .NET development for 6 years and .NET 2.0 for 2 of those. This means that 80% of things I know already which makes the books rather boring!
Ah well, back to the book!
An excelent resource for 71-510 can be found on the dotnetfun site @ Prepare for the 70-536 Certification Exam: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 – Application Development Foundation.